Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I surrender

I admit it...I'm a control freak when it comes to alot of things in my life.  I don't want to obsess about every detail but I want to feel like I have some sort of control over where I'm going and lately that doesn't seem to be an option.  I can claw and fight my way through it but when it comes down to it, I don't have any control.  Over the past few days, I finally just said, "God, you know what, I surrender."  Obviously my way isn't doing it.  Obviously I think I have it in my head what needs to be happening and obviously I'm wrong.  Good news? I feel a sense of relief.  Bad news?  No more control.  I'm praying really hard that God uses this opportunity to show me the positive aspects of letting go.  I'm scared but I'm committed to letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment